Is it mandatory to file a Provisional Patent Application? | PPA Explained

Is it mandatory to file a Provisional Patent Application? | PPA Explained

Join The Inventors Corner on Telegram: https://t.me/thepalaw
Visit our website: https://thepalaw.com/
Write to me at info@thepalaw.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though it is not mandatory to file a provisional patent application, if your invention is not complete, a provisional application can be filed to secure a priority date.

This means that the date on which your application for a patent is filed would be considered the date of provisional patent application even if your invention is not yet complete.

A complete application has to be made within 12 months of filing a provisional patent application.

Additionally, it gives sufficient time to assess and evaluate the market potential of your invention before filing the complete application.

To conclude, it is not mandatory to file a provisional patent application, but you should consider filing it if your invention is still in the phase of development.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi There 🙋‍♀️

I am Priggya Arora, Daughter of Inspiring Parents, Alumna of IIT Kharagpur, Engineer turned Lawyer and Entrepreneur, and now Founder of PA Legal - an Intellectual Property Law Firm in India.

Since childhood, I've been fascinated by technology and curious about learning how things operate. This led me into completing my undergraduate degree in Engineering from G.B.P.U.A.T., Pantnagar.

I first considered law as a career option when I had to help my father with some convoluted and confusing legal work. After struggling with it for a while, I concluded that engineers, with their attention to detail, could do a better job of managing techno-legal issues. Once I discovered a Law course at IIT Kharagpur and a career field that combined both technology and law, there was no looking back.

After I started working for an IP law firm where I had to juggle multiple tasks and clients, I discovered the third love of my life - performance optimization. I am an ardent and constant learner of new and old workflow optimization techniques. I’ve gone through a variety of courses and books on the topic, all of which gave me the perspectives and tools to continuously improve performance while effectively managing time. I continue to be a big proponent of these techniques, as it has made my life easier and happier.

I believe in cooperative growth where it’s to everyone’s benefit to have everyone achieve their best self. My interests have been pretty wide and varied, and they always influence how I lead my life. Entrepreneurship is the most important of these, and it’s also a way to put into practice all the other skills and interests I have learned over time.

At my firm, PA Legal, I focus on forming lasting connections with my clients. My strength lies in innovating and customizing legal strategies to suit the client’s needs, regardless of what kind of legal protection they need or which part of the world they come from. I have expertise in advising clients on intellectual property and patent protection strategies for subject matters related to fields of software, electrical, electronics, telecommunications and robotics.

Being a young, strategic and responsive lawyer with experience in Intellectual Property, Contracts, Transactions and Entertainment Law matters, I constantly provide support to several Indian and foreign clients. I also love interacting with people and thus, enthusiastically engage myself in conducting intellectual property awareness workshops, lectures and seminars.

intellectual property rightsintellectual property rights in hindiintellectual property meaning

Post a Comment

0 Comments