uSDX Made in China Transceiver Issues - a buyer beware video

uSDX Made in China Transceiver Issues - a buyer beware video

Sorry about the typo in the video. Feedback. I keep the volume between 7 and 9. Under 7 I hear nothing and over 9 - feedback.

As I wrote in this video - most of my other videos show this transceiver in a positive light. And it's true. There are things I like about this radio and so far it serves my purpose as an ultra light multiband radio that isn't going to break my heart if it falls off my bike. And I've had some success with it!

But I knew it had issues before I bought it. I want to show a couple of those, too.

Here I try to show the size of the rig (compared to a QCX), the issue with the mic connector (with respect to the power cable and the key); I look at the ATT, NR, a quick comment on the AGC and cw message, show the volume feedback issue (this is mentioned in the description of the product, I think), and a weird squeal on 15 meters one day (a brief, one-time event). Power source doesn't seem to matter - I've used 12 volts batteries and 13.5 volts from a power supply.

It works okay for casual portable cw contacts. I didn't need a radio for SSB or digital or POTA activations. But I work it within its limitations and knew that all the "features" aren't as great as they may sound. It is what you might expect it to be.

As I have in all these videos (I think), I urge you to also look at the DL2MAN website and youtube channel and to check out QRP Labs.

ChinaTransceiverIssues

Post a Comment

0 Comments